Title Insurance & Closing in Florida
Almazan Law handles all types of title insurance and closing issues in Miami, Tampa, Palm Beach, and throughout Florida. Founded in 2009, our firm has emerged as a leader in Florida title insurance matters, with more than $1 billion in covered title insurance policy issued just in the past 3 years. We are recognized for our commitment to high-quality client services, as well as our use of cutting-edge legal technologies to provide our clients with convenient, cost-effective solutions. The firm is licensed to write for both Old Republic/Attorneys Title Insurance Fund and First American.
Our firm has multiple agents authorized to examine and issue title insurance commitments, policies, and endorsements for all real estate property in all of Florida’s 67 counties. Our Miami title insurance and closing attorneys are available to assist you with your title insurance, closing, and related needs.
Title Insurance-Related Services We Handle
The Almazan Law team is equipped to handle an array of title insurance- and closing-related matters. Our bilingual attorneys and staff assist clients in both English and Spanish, and we provide in-person and virtual legal services for clients located throughout Florida.
Our title insurance and closing services include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of closing documents
- Title insurance examination
- Estoppel requests
- Corrective property ownership matters
- Separation of title
- Assessment of documentary stamps
- Opinion of existing title on potential purchases
- Refinance and purchase transactions
- Clearance of encumbrances
- Extinguishing municipal, private, and IRS liens on real property
- Mobile closings at home or office
- 24-hour a day closing services
- Notary services
We invite you to get in touch with our Miami title insurance attorneys today to learn how we can assist you with your legal needs.
Title Search & Exam
While the function of most other forms of insurance is risk assumption through risk pooling, the primary purpose of title insurance is to eliminate risks and prevent losses caused by defects in title arising out of events that have happened in the past, either through inspection, ownership, or specific to the property itself. This is where the title search and exam—the first steps in the title insurance process—are critical.
Skilled professionals search and examine various public records to find and isolate title risks. This is intricate and tedious work, as information can be missing or filed inconsistently. These professionals examine documents such as judgments, liens, general taxes, utility assessments, as well as many others. In certain transactions, real property characteristics may also be evaluated, which include zoning, location, surveys, improvement type, and more.
Additionally, these searches serve to identify any potential title risks, such as:
- Unreleased mortgages
- Mechanics’ liens
- Tax judgments
- Outstanding child support liens
- Pending bankruptcy or divorce proceedings
- Probate issues
Other title risks may exist; our team at Almazan Law carefully reviews public records and other available documents to identify title risks and related issues. We employ a meticulous, collaborative approach that effectively utilizes the full skillset and experience of our Miami closing attorneys and title insurance lawyers.
Types of Residential Title Insurance Policies
There are two categories of residential title insurance:
- Owner’s Policy: For a one-time premium (paid at closing), an owner’s policy protects the homeowner from enumerated title risks for as long as the insured (or their heirs) owns the property. Extended policies and expanded coverage can also be issued to address title issues that may arise after the policy date, including false claims by others, encroaching structures built by neighbors, and more.
- Loan Policy: A loan policy is generally required by lenders (and purchasers of loans in the secondary mortgage market) to help protect against unforeseen title problems. While an owner’s policy covers the purchase price of the home, the lender’s policy covers the amount of the loan on the property. This policy may ensure that the lender has a lien that is valid and enforceable, and that the lender’s lien has priority over other liens. Extended policies and expanded coverage options are also available to lenders.
Depending on your specific needs, Almazan Law can assist you in determining the right type of residential title insurance policy to protect your best interests. We represent homeowners, landlords, commercial property owners, mortgage lenders, and others.
For more information, please schedule an appointment with our Miami title insurance and closing lawyers by calling (305) 665-6681 or by submitting a secure online contact form.
Regardless of the complexity of your case or the situation at hand, our Miami commercial litigation attorneys are here to assist you throughout the legal process. Almazan Law has been serving individuals, businesses, Fortune 500 companies, insurance providers, mortgage lenders, and other clients throughout Florida since 2009, providing client-focused, results-oriented legal services backed by years of collective experience. We dedicate a significant portion of our practice to litigation, and our attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of case preparation, arbitration, and trial representation.
We strive to make the legal process as simple and streamlined as possible for our clients by offering convenient in-person and virtual services. We also provide complimentary consultations and case evaluations, and our bilingual attorneys and staff provide legal support in both English and Spanish.
- Over $1 Billion in title insurance policies issued
- Nationally Certified, Minority-Owned Law Firm
- Decades of Experience
- Helping Clients In Miami and Beyond
- Available In Person & Virtually
“Almazan Law - Always a pleasure, we've been at this for years now! You're always at the top of our list!”Nicole Rodriguez
“I am extremely impressed with the work Alex and his team have done.”Jenny Gyde
“May I say it is a pleasure dealing with you and your company so far. You are so much better than many of the large corporate entities I have to deal with. Keep it up and have a good day.”Mark Lentz