Mrs. Dodd Anderson began her career in worker’s compensation as an adjuster for Nationwide Ins in 1993 while attending graduate studies at the University of Florida. After moving to Miami in 1996, she continued her career as a worker’s compensation claims adjuster for Gallagher Bassett Services for another 3 years. In 1999 she began law school in the evening program at the University of Miami. During the day, she worked full time as a paralegal, initially with Kelly, Kronenberg et. al. and later with Marcos & Rothman, P.A. After graduating cum laude in 2002, she continued work with Marcos & Rothman as an associate attorney. She then joined MKRS Law in 2003 and worked there as an associate attorney until 2019. During her 20 years of legal practice in worker’s compensation, Mrs. Dodd Anderson has successfully managed a large case load while aggressively litigating worker’s compensation claims to conclusion at the trial level.
Complex Trial Experience
• Shazad Munawar v. Family Dollar Stores/Sedgwick. OJCC 21-006729BJA Evidentiary Order 3/4/22: Settlement vacated due to misrepresentation.
• Theresa Elridge v. Bonefish Grill, and Bloomin Brands, Inc./Corvel Corp. OJCC 18-014785IF Final Order 2/21/20: All benefits denied.
• Edward Paradise v. Neptune Fish Market/Retail First Ins. OJCC 16-011398CJS Final Order 1/11/19: Attorney’s Fees – denied.
• Guy Murphy v. Florida DOT and Risk Management OJCC 15-013819 TAH, 15-022221TAH Final Order 12/20/18: Attorney’s Fees – denied.
• Roxanne Payne v. Juvenile Detention Center/Division of Risk management OJCC 98-016552TAH – Final Order 1/26/18: Misrepresentation, claim denied.
• Terry Swan v. Florida Welding Fabricators and Erectors/Bridgefield Employer Insurance Co. OJCC 16-010335CJS – Final Order 5/17/18: Misrepresentation, claim denied.
• Juan Manuel Ruiz v. Caloosa Transport/Summit OJCC 16-012693TAH Final Order 10/17/17: Misrepresentation, claim denied.
• Edward Paradise v. Neptune Fish Market/Retail First Ins. OJCC 16-011398MAD Final Order 3/6/17: Intoxication, compensability, claim denied.
• Virgilee McAllister v. Glades Correctional Inst. /State of FL Risk Mgmt. OJCC 09-030404SHP – Final Order 1/25/16: Misrepresentation, claim denied.
• Kimberly Stark v. Alan Slootsky/The Hartford OJCC 11-027673 – Order 10/21/14: MCC.
• James Burkhead v. Action Crane Svcs./Bridgefield Employers Ins. Co. OJCC 13-000719MAD – Final Order 9/12/14: Compensability, credibility, MCC, conditions denied.
• Johan Mustonen v. Palm Beach Tours and Transport/Summit Holdings OJCC 09-016472TMB – Final Order 4/25/12: Compensability, MCC, conditions denied.