Civil Litigation Legal Assistant
Full Time – Remote Work Flexibility
South Miami Office – 7901 Ludlam Road, Miami, FL 33143
About Almazan Law and the Position: Almazan Law is a growing Miami-based, nationally certified, minority-owned 11 lawyer law firm handling full-service insurance defense litigation, commercial litigation and real estate matters throughout the state of Florida. Everything from real estate transactions to workers compensation to insurance liability defense to private-party litigation matters. Our growing firm prides itself on a strong commitment to handling all aspects of our client’s legal concerns.
The firm is expanding and continuing to push innovative approaches to the practice of law. As owners of the building where the firm operates in South Miami we aim to grow and develop the property to fit the new landscape and environment of a changing workplace. As a civil litigation legal assistant here you will find a collaborative culture where you will be challenged and given important responsibilities early on.
An experienced Legal Assistant is expected to work efficiently and effectively assisting in the management of a case from its inception through all phases of discovery, trial/resolution/settlement. A successful candidate would be one that is skilled in civil/court procedure (including knowledge of applicable rules of civil procedure), e-filing, word processing, law firm management software, billing, and who demonstrates organization, interpersonal skills, dependability, and advanced writing skills.
This position presents each of the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Open files, conduct conflict check (computerized), initial file organization, communication with clients, and calendaring deadlines.
• Under attorney direction, draft basic court filings and discovery, file with court and serve on parties.
• Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc.).
• Maintain pleadings and discovery files (paper and electronic) and indexes.
• Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices.
• Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests.
This position requires each of the following QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to manage cases through calendaring and verifying that all deadlines are met.
• Keen organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task, including collaboratively working on team of multiple attorneys and paralegals.
• Proven working experience, with references, as a litigation legal assistant.
• Applicable knowledge of court rules and procedures, motions, discovery, etc.
• Highly organized with ability to manage task functions and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail.
• Extensive computer expertise, including but not limited to PACER, Court MAP, E-Filing, Motion Calendars.
• Problem-solve in the face of legal and technical challenges.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) with generous match, paid health insurance, and other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and will be competitive.
Experience: Civil Litigation: 5 years (Required)
Email a copy of your resume along with salary requirements as set forth below:
How to Apply
• Please email your resume and letters of recommendation or references to Almazan Law’s Office Manager Sonia Garcia, email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will be reviewed until the position is filled.
• If you have a request for accommodation during the application process or any questions about the process, please contact Sonia Garcia (email@example.com) or at (305) 665-6681. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of safe senders.
• You are encouraged to visit our website, Facebook and Instagram sites for further information and insight into the firm.