Senior Associate Attorney – General Liability Defense/Commercial Litigation
Full Time – Remote Work Flexibility
South Miami Office – 7901 Ludlam Road, Miami, FL 33143
About Almazan Law and the Position: Almazan Law is a growing Miami-based, nationally certified, minority-owned 11 lawyer law firm handling full-service insurance defense litigation, commercial litigation and real estate matters throughout the state of Florida. Everything from real estate transactions to workers compensation to insurance liability defense to private-party litigation matters. Our growing firm prides itself on a strong commitment to handling all aspects of our client’s legal concerns.
The firm is expanding and continuing to push innovative approaches to the practice of law. As owners of the building where the firm operates in South Miami we aim to grow and develop the property to fit the new landscape and environment of a changing workplace. As a Senior Associate Attorney here you will find a collaborative culture where you will be challenged and given important responsibilities early on.
An ideal experienced Senior Attorney is expected to produce a high quality work product with attention to detail. A successful candidate would be one that has a minimum of 4 years of insurance defense/general liability or general litigation experience. You will manage your own premises liability, motor vehicle and commercial litigation matters working with a team directed by Partner Greg Glasser who alone possesses almost 30 years of defense experience.
This position presents each of the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead counsel status on cases, under the guidance of senior litigators.
• Client contact, depositions, mediations, etc.
• Extensive collaboration with all firm attorneys to explore various practice areas of interest.
• Individual growth opportunities with a relatively young and nimble firm, which are tied to your performance.
• Handling the defense of motor vehicle accident and premises liability claims.
• Networking and community involvement encouraged and rewarded.
This position requires each of the following QUALIFICATIONS:
• Skill set which allows for independence or ability to grow skills with guidance.
• Insurance defense experience preferred.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent research, drafting and writing skills (writing sample required)
• Take and defend depositions, attend court hearings and mediations.
• Prepare pleadings, motions, discovery requests and responses to discovery
• Be responsible for timely tracking of billable time in accordance with relevant billing guidelines.
• Prepare timely reports to and communicate with clients.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Must be a member of the Florida Bar in good standing.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a very competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) with generous firm match, 100% paid health insurance, and other benefits including vision and dental.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and will be competitive.
Experience: Minimum 4 years handling commercial litigation/insurance defense cases.
Email a copy of your resume and writing sample along with any salary requirements as set forth below:
How to Apply
• Please email your resume and letters of recommendation or references to Almazan Law’s Office Manager Sonia Garcia, email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will be reviewed until the position is filled.
• If you have a request for accommodation during the application process or any questions about the process, please contact Sonia Garcia (email@example.com) or at (305) 376-7607. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of safe senders.
• You are encouraged to visit our website at www.almazanlaw.com, Facebook and Instagram sites for further information and insight into the firm.